Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Chicken & Rice Soup

I've had this recipe forever and have probably given it to some of you. I just made it tonight and forgot how yummy it is.

Boil 3 chicken breasts, cool and dice. (Tonight I used some of my canned chicken from my food storage and it was really good. You couldn't tell. This is the only thing so far I've liked with canned chicken.)

Keep broth and add enough water to make 2 quarts (Tonight I used 1 can of chicken broth and then added enough water to make 2 quarts.)

2/3 c. diced celery
2 diced carrots
3/4 c. instant rice
1 tbsp. onion flakes
Simmer above ingredients (except chicken) until tender in broth.

In a bowl, mix 1 tbsp of flour and 2 tbsp cornstarch together.
In saucepan:
melt 1/4 c. butter
add flour mixture
add 1 can evaporated milk
stir until smooth and thick
pour in pot with broth and veggies

Add 1/4 c. chicken granules or soup base
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. parsley
pepper to taste
chicken
frozen peas

simmer 10 min.

0 comments: