Monday, February 2, 2009

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 an corn, drained and rinsed
2 chopped green peppers
1 chopped red pepper
1 chopped purple onion
2 vine tomatoes, chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
4 tbsp. EVOO (extra virgin olive oil. Doesn't anyone watch Rachael Ray?)
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 2 limes
3 chopped avacados
2 chopped garlic cloves
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients. Put avacado on last and squirt lemon juice on avacado before mixing in.

I made this last night and I made it with 1 green pepper and no red pepper and 3 tomatoes and only one avacado. It was really yummy. I will make it this way everytime. Since we aren't huge lovers of bell peppers and like tomatoes a little more it was just how we like it.

Next time I make it, I will make it without the beans and avacado and then divide it and put the beans and avacado in only half of it. I hate beans and avacado and so I picked mine out when I ate it and it was really good.

0 comments: